The Phenomenal growth of contemporary technology and hi-tech applications during the recent past has created a dearth of qualified and trained personal having the required level of competence. This problem has been discussed at various forums and the fact that there are serious inadequacies in the present arrangements in qualitative terms has been taken note of All the same, there had not been any serious attempt to alleviate the problem by institutionalising the whole concept, devoid of the rigid frame-work associated with a typical government institution. Though there are desirable checks and balances built in to any governmental system, often they fail to keep pace with emerging requirements and as a consequence, hamper the development of frontier areas in emerging technologies
Mission of IHRD
- To provide education and training of consistently high stands through innovative and versatile programmes that are responsible to the current and emerging needs of the community
- To ensure that the aim of education is realized not only in the acquisition of new knowledge and skills, but also in the attainment of wisdom and judgment indispensable to their proper application.
- To provide leadership and support in ensuring life long learning, which promotes the total development of the individual and society in which the person functions.
- To pursue optimal and flexible systems management concepts and techniques for fulfillment of institutional objects and aspirations.
- To empower those interested to benefit, by making use of the knowledge, experience and expertise gained by the institute